Sunday, February 17, 2013

birthday gift #2 / top albums

So, Matt's 2nd birthday present to me came in the mail on Friday (I would have posted it yesterday, but when it rains our internet goes out-ugh). It was a Kickball album - "everything is a miracle, nothing is a miracle, everything is" - that I had been wanting. Not only is it a great album, but it also comes on beautiful white vinyl. I couldn't resist showing it off a bit. I'll brag about more gifts later.




This seems like a good time to list my favorite music from this year. The following are my favorite albums and bands in 2008, in no particular order. Click on a band's name to go to their MySpace profile. Happy listening!

Favorite Albums:
Ryland Bouchard - Seeds (A-Sides)
Cryptacize - Dig That Treasure
El Perro Del Mar - From the Valley to the Stars
LAKE - Oh, the Places We'll Go
Abe Vigoda - Skeleton
Lucky Dragons - Dream Island Laughing Language
High Places - High Places
Arch M - Mountain Tan Commercials
caUSE co-MOTION! - It's Time!
Evangelicals - The Evening Descends
Beach House - Devotion
The Dodos - Visiter

Other Bands I Liked:
Kitty, Daisy & Lewis
Ponies in the Surf
The Deirdres
Cats on Fire
Horse Shoes
A Smile and a Ribbon
The Bridal Shop
Hari and Aino
Still Corners

No comments:

Post a Comment