Thursday, December 13, 2012

foodfoodfood pt. 2

Man, I've been slow to post lately. I made it through an overnight trip to an educational conference and 2 nights/1 day of parent/teacher conferences, so I think I'm ready to rejoin the rest of the world now.

Way back on Valentine's Day weekend, my parents visited and we ate at yet another restaurant that's part of the Food Fight group: Bluephies. Their menu is pretty extensive, so it was hard to decide, but here's what we settled on:

Sun-dried Tomato Pasta: curly fettuccine with white wine basil cream sauce, chicken, leeks, and sun-dried tomatoes

The Bluephie: roasted turkey with caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, Dijon aioli, and mozzarella

Black Bean & Smoked Chicken Enchiladas

Dessert Sushi Sampler: Butterfinger Wontons, Dark Chocolate Truffle (by Gail Ambrosius), Vanilla Custard

Dessert Sushi Sampler: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggroll

I really liked my pasta and Matt enjoyed his sandwich. The enchiladas, which my mom and dad split, were nice, but I prefer the enchiladas at Tex Tubb's Taco Palace (yet another Food Fight place). We had fun trying the unusual (and very rich) desserts, but probably wouldn't get them again. All in all, everything was quite good, and we'd like to go another time. There many more pastas and sandwiches to try, as well as an entire page of desserts to conquer--like the huge slice of red velvet cake that was tempting us last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment