Saturday, May 4, 2013

new specs/more talk



glasses, Persol
scarf, thrifted

I thought I should also add a few things to my post from yesterday:

1. I'm certainly not perfect. I still eat conventionally-raised meat, but I try to keep pushing myself closer to my goals.

2. I respect vegetarians and vegans and their right to hold their own beliefs about what's right for animals and for their own health. We're all just trying to do our best.

3. Though we eat meat, Matt and I do try to eat "low on the food chain", or eat more plants and grains than meat. To do that, we stretch meat into several meals (1 lb. ground meat usually makes 2 meals, we add TVP to meals like tacos). I also try to make meat a special treat in a meal, or a small component, instead of the main event at the dinner table. In addition, I aim for 25-50% of our meals each week to be completely vegetarian. And we eat our leftovers--we don't throw meat away!

No comments:

Post a Comment