Thursday, September 27, 2012

odds and ends/bits and bobs/odds and sods

Angel Hair with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese

I used up some random ingredients today to make one of my favorite, simple pasta dishes. You can find it here. You'll notice that I use the Food Network site a lot, because it's an easy (and free) way to get typically reliable recipes. I love that I can enter an ingredient that I need to use up and quickly find a great recipe for it.

A couple notes:
* For the goat cheese, I used a garlic & herb chevre from nearby Belmont, Wisconsin. Mmmmmm.
*I cut way back on the sun-dried tomatoes, because I find their flavor can be overwhelming. Also, I used dried tomatoes rather than oil-packed, and just used a bit of plain olive oil for the pan.

Finally, my absolute favorite snack right now. Bars made with just shredded coconut and rice syrup. The almond-flavored ones are nice too.

photo from Oskri.com

No comments:

Post a Comment