Sunday, March 25, 2012

style and sustenance

I love a word play.

top with bow, Gap
high-waisted wool shorts, thrifted

Green Goddess Chicken Salad with Asparagus

I'm still working on finding tasty ways to use asparagus from our CSA box. Tonight's dinner was a really simple salad that I adapted from my favorite cookbook, Simply Organic.

Trim about 10 stalks of asparagus and cut them into 2-inch chunks. Cook the asparagus for 3 minutes in boiling water, then fish it out with tongs and drop into ice water. Put it in a bowl. Do the same thing with a couple of sliced chicken breasts (but boil as long as it takes to cook through, maybe 5 minutes). Toss the asparagus, chicken, and some sliced green onions in (here's where I made it even easier) Annie's Natural Goddess or Green Goddess Dressing. Put it on top of some greens. You're done! Eat it with some crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment